Hygiene Operative – Day/Afternoon Shift
Hours: Full Time – 39.25hrs (Flexibility Required)
Monday – Thursday: 6am – 2pm / 2pm to 10pm
Friday: 6am – 1.15pm / 1.15pm to 8.30pm
We are excited to be offering an excellent opportunity to join our Hygiene Department. A hygiene operative encompasses a number of roles, full training will be provided for all roles as required to suit the needs of the business.
Duties include (but are not limited to):-
- Carry out cleaning according to a defined method and schedule and to a specified standard.
- Comply with company policies to ensure the quality, safety and legality of products is maintained at all times.
- Comply with Health & Safety regulations to provide a safe working environment for you and your colleagues.
- Comply with company personal hygiene policies at all times.
- Ensure that the cleaning process does not pose a Health & Safety risk to employees and visitors.
- Accurately and legibly complete all documentation associated with this role. Record and report any problems encountered.
- Follow ‘clean-as-you-go’ principles to ensure the surrounding area is clean and tidy at all times.
- Performing all aspects of the role to the required standard, in line with the written procedures identified in the training and assessment records.
- Issue cleaning chemicals and materials to production upon formal request; understand the risks associated with each cleaning chemical used and their correct use to ensure that they do not pose a food safety or health and safety risk.
- The servicing of laundry and changing facilities.
- Carry out cleaning of drains, internal, external and clear blockages.
- Remove waste from waste skips as and when necessary.
- Operate automated bin-wash machine and carry out basic maintenance (clear jams, blockages, etc).
- Carry out cleaning of floors with scrubbing machine, washroom, cloakrooms, drains, perimeter of factory and assist with canteen cleaning.
- Undertake and maintain training in line with the needs of the business.
- Transfer all the factory waste streams out into the waste skips.
- Clean the factory facilities, hand wash stations, utensil sinks and replenish the stocks of consumables.
- Clean the communal facilities, canteen, dining area and toilets.
About the Person
We are looking for someone with the following personal attributes:
- Good communication to manager, peers and operators.
- Have an understanding and consideration of consequences of decisions.
- Able to work to deadlines and manage multiple tasks.
- Can do attitude and ability to learn new skills.
- Strong teamwork mentality and embrace change.
- Flexible to meet the ever changing demands of the business.
If you think you are the person for this role, please apply by submitting your CV to email@example.com or by submitting an application form to any of the suggestion boxes.